Hello Blogesphere! This is my first entry of my blog dedicated to all my culinary adventures. One week ago my beloved Green Bay Packers won the SUPERBOWL! As I am a die hard fan, I wanted to make some delectable treats that showed my team spirit. I decided to make my semi-famous chocolate chip cookies with some amazing Packers M&Ms I found here. I also wanted to make something savory so I chose deviled eggs on a bed of arugula!
My favorite choc-chippers are actually a variation of the Tollhouse Recipe with a couple small alterations. I like using salted butter, no nuts and a little extra vanilla. Enjoy!
My Semi-Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies. (With M&Ms)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs- room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of M&Ms
Simple but Delicious Deviled Eggs
- One dozen hard-boiled eggs peeled and rinsed off
- One cup Hellman’s mayonaise
- One bunch of green onions
- Sea Salt and Fresh Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Cayenne Pepper (for garnish)
Cut eggs in half length-wise and scoop yolks into mixing bowl. Add mayo and blend on low/med speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Using microplane or other grater, shave down the green onions and add to yolk mixture. Add vinegar, salt and pepper and mix by hand until combined.
Arrange empty egg-whites on a tray or plate and using a pastry bag with a star tip- pipe in the yolk mixture. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper!
*Sidenote: These lasted on that tray for a VERY short time :)