Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Peanut Butter Frosting

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Peanut Butter Frosting via The Baker Chick

Like many, I had some pretty horrible/funny jobs when I was a teenager. My first was a cashier at Kopp’s Frozen Custard at 14. The custard was/is amazing, but the bosses were mean and used to charge me from my 4.75 hourly wage if I ever made mistakes ringing people up. Next came stocking the beauty section at a grocery store which wasn’t as bad but boring as can be. The one that stuck was working at the mall down the street at the Gap. I actually loved this job because I got 50% off got to dress all the mannequins in cute outfits.

Anyway- this was when I was 16, and used to eat sugary junk food without consequence, my favorite things to do on my 15 minute break was run to the food court and get one of those frosted cookie cups from Mrs. Field’s. Are you familiar? They also had mini cookies and thick frosted brownies I couldn’t get enough of, but their chocolate chip cookie cups with thick buttercream inside were my favorite.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Peanut Butter Frosting via The Baker Chick

As I walked home the other day, all I could think about were those cookie cups and I kinda had to have them as soon as humanly possible (that’s what happens when I get a treat on the brain!) So I made my own version of these, using my favorite cookie recipe and a fluffy, creamy peanut butter frosting. I’ve never actually made cookie cups before and the possibilities are endless. Cookie ice cream sundaes anyone? I absolutely loved them and couldn’t help feel transported back to that counter at Mrs. Fields….though I must say I’m really glad I’m not!
 Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Peanut Butter Frosting via The Baker Chick

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Peanut Butter Frosting

• 1 recipe chocolate chip cookies
  • 1 stick of butter softened
  • 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
  • 2-4 cups of powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1-2 tablespoons milk or cream

1. Scoop rounded spoonfuls of cookie dough into a muffin tin and press into the muffin well and up the sides. Bake at 325 until edges are golden and the middle is soft but set. (Mine took 10 minutes.)
  2. Prepare the frosting: Cream together the butter and peanut butter until thick and smooth. Slowly add the powdered sugar until thick. Add the vanilla extract, and then the milk a little at a time until the frosting is the right consistency. Beat on high for a few seconds to make it light and fluffy. Pipe or spread into each (cooled) cookie cup.

I made 1 dozen cookie cups and froze the rest of my cookie dough for later use. If you make more than a dozen cups you may want to increase the frosting quantity!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Peanut Butter Frosting via The Baker Chick  Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Peanut Butter Frosting via The Baker Chick  Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Peanut Butter Frosting via The Baker Chick

1. Susie @ Fold in the Flour says

I love this idea. I’m not familiar with Mrs Fields (being from the UK) but can see why you’d be tempted by cookie cups. And with a peanut butter frosting? Can’t get better than that! :)

2. Cristina Rojas says

I LOVE these cookie cups myself! When I came to the USA for college, I had never tried these. My first semester here, I tried them and…… freshman fifteen!!! (or twenty? :) ) the frosting that they use….. ahhh! I may need to make these asap! happy weekend!

Let’s see my first jobs included: selling Cutco knives, cleaning film machinery/painting/cleaning floors at a Kodak factory, and working at American Eagle. I think I deserve these after not ever working anywhere food related (I guess knives are food related but you should not eat them)

Sorry! No print button yet. I’m going through a big blog change and things will be so much easier to use then. In the meantime I’m including a link with a printable version. xo

I’m pretty sure mall retail jobs are a rite of passage for most young women. :) One of my first jobs as also at the Gap, but my weakness was the Pretzelmaker downstairs and their delicious salty butter-coated soft pretzels. That’s probably because the Mrs Fields in our mall didn’t sell cookie cups, though, because those look GOOD. (We never get the good stuff up here in Canada… so unfair.)
    Man, do I ever miss being able to eat whatever I want without worrying about the consequences. :(

5. Triciapaolucco says

my first job was working at mrs fields cookie audra! in my job interview i was asked if i partied, and if i drank and if i did how many times a week! can you imagine a business asking those questions today? but this was the late 80’s and mrs fields was a morman and i guess it mattered to her! anyway at 16 i got the job and had to wake up early to bake the cookies almost from scratch! i can’t believe they entrusted me to it! anyway.i had to write this in because i have fond memories of that funny first job. :)

I will definitely try to get a tutorial happening sometime soon. I wish there was a complicated method to share- but it’s actually so easy!

Hey Nicole, I would cut the baking time down quite a bit. Start at 6 minutes, and keep checking every minute or so. Edges should be golden, inside can be a little gooey but not under-done. Hope it works out for you! :)

These are adorable, and a CRAZY AWESOME way to combine my two loves of peanut butter and chocolate!!! I am catching up on all my favorite blogs- love your new design tweaks!!

7. Betsy Sue Homemaker says

Delicious! I was googling for a cookie cup recipe and found this. My cups took much longer to bake, but it was worth it. I used buttercream frosting from the store and dyed it Easter colors, then put it in the fridge a while and used a cookie/ice cream scoop to plop a bit on each cookie. No need to go back to the mall!

8. Liz says

Holy crap! I ended up here via a tumblr post and here you are talking about Kopps (my absolute favorite!) Small world I guess…when I lived abroad I checked the flavor forecast regularly, and now that I’m back in MKE I have to make a real effort not to end up there multiple times a week. Can’t wait to make these cookie cups :)

you are truly a good webmaster. The web site loading velocity is amazing.
    It kind of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick.
    Also, The contents are masterwork. you have
    done a fantastic activity in this matter!

Appreciating the time and energy you put into your site and detailed information you present.
    It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same unwanted rehashed material.
    Excellent read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

This design is steller! You most certainly know how to keep a reader entertained.
    Betwen youur wwit andd yur videos, I was almost
    moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!)
    Excellent job. I really loved what you had to say, and more
    than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

Things like free of charge shipping and discounted rates undoubtedly make sufficient fiscal sensation to say the minimum.
    A popular bedroom theme for little boys probably is the space theme.
    Ivory, jade and stained glass were common materials for accessories, which were usually tall and thin and graceful, with gentle curves.