This Blackberry Cobbler with Sweet Corn Biscuits is going to be your new favorite summer dessert! A thick juicy filling of sweet blackberries is topped with buttery sweet corn biscuits. Summer in a bowl!
Get yourself to your local market, find the sweetest corn and juiciest blackberries, and make this asap!
Trust me. This Blackberry Cobbler is summer on a plate! Juicy, tart, berries and sweet buttery biscuits full of tender sweet corn. It just works.
This time of year I’m all about what’s in season and this my friends is the best. It’s a quick summer dessert that can be made in advance, popped in the oven before dinner and baked up in just 30 minutes. The berries are nice and tart, and these to-die-for biscuits are the perfect combo of sweet and savory.
(Wouldn’t they also be wonderful on their own with jam or dipped into a bowl of summer chowder??) I can’t wait to try… Or even on a peach cobbler instead. Wouldn’t that be fabulous?
Topped with some fresh whipped cream or ice cream, this Blackberry Cobbler is a dream come true. If you love these late summer flavors as much as I do I trust you’ll be making this soon! :)
For the filling:
- 5 cups blackberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca (or cornstarch)*
- juice of 1 lemon
For the biscuits:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup of fresh sweet corn, mashed up a bit with a fork
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz unsalted butter, cold and cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 egg yolk
- coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Ice Cream or Whipped Cream for serving
* Instant tapioca is the best thickening agent for berries like blackberries that release a lot of water when baked. If you don't have it, feel free to use corn starch, just know the filling will be more juicy.