Before you all close up shop for the weekend, maybe to enjoy the real kick-off to summer with a BBQ or family potluck, I have one last recipe to share. I don’t personally have big holiday plans, but I did make these awesome cookies which to me represent everything to come in the next 3 months. When I think of S’mores I think of cook-outs and camp fires and card games at the picnic table. These cookies are a cross between the messy-gooey treats I grew up loving, and a simple chocolate chip cookie. The edges are crispy, the middles are chewy, and they are full of marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate chunk. Are you as excited as I am?
I’m also excited about these cookies because this is the first thing I’m posting on this blog that was baked, photographed, edited and written all by myself. Meaning- I managed this without a helping hand to entertain the baby so I could work. I did it you guys! I figured out how to do things during his nap even though they are short. We have to celebrate these small acheivements right?
Anyway, I think these cookies are delicious and special and perfect for a last minute addition to your weekend plans. They really taste like S’mores, with help of my handy blow-torch, which I used to toast the marshmallow a bit after these came out of the oven. It was so worth it for that slightly-burnt taste that I absolutely adore. If you like S’mores- you’ll love these. Have a great long weekend everyone!
- 12 tablespoons of butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg and 1 yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 graham crackers, broken into small bits.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a sil-pat. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars until smooth and fluffy. Add the egg, yolk and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Sprinkle the flour, baking soda and salt over the wet ingredients and mix on low until just combined. Fold in the chocolate, graham crackers and 1 cup of marshmallow.
- Use a 1 1/2 inch sized scoop to potion cookies 2-3 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Nestle a couple more marshmallows into the dough ball.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- If desired, lightly toast the marshmallow on the top of each cookies until melty.
Base cooke adapted from Baking Illustrated.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g