When a savory dish makes an appearance in my home two times in one week I know it’s worth sharing with you guys. I’m all about a nice, filling, savory breakfast on the weekends, something Andy & I can eat while giving little bites to Hugo as well. This my friends, was a huge success on all accounts.
It starts with some baby potatoes that are crisped up in a skillet with some garlic and peppers. Next comes kale that gets tossed until just wilted and soft. Finally eggs go on top with some grated cheddar. The whole skillet gets baked for a few minutes until the eggs are just cooked with the yolks still nice and runny. (You can change the baking time depending on how done you like your eggs.)
I think this would be an amazing dish to prep for a brunch when you want something that will serve several people, is beautiful and impressive-looking, while also being easy as can be. And does it hurt that it’s got all the colors of the rainbow?
Have a wonderful weekend!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. fingerling potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, chopped
- 4-6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400F. Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet on medium-high.
- When the pan is hot add the potatoes. Add salt and pepper and stir occasionally for 4-6 minutes or until crispy. Add the peppers and garlic, and cook until soft.
- Add the kale and stir until slightly wilted. Add more salt & pepper.
- Use a spoon to make some wells in the hash and add the eggs with more salt & pepper. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until eggs are at your desired consistency. (7 minutes was perfect for me.)
Recipe adapated from: Blue Apron *This is a softer kale that is so nice in this. Regular tougher kale would work too!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 2 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g