Summer is passing us by friends. I can’t believe it’s possible we only have a month left before fall, football and everything pumpkin is full force. I always have said I have a love/hate relationship with New York, and although sunshine is good for the soul, I am feeling good about summer closing in soon. No more baby with heat rash from 90 and humid, no more obsessing about what to do with him when it’s sunny and scorching out, and no more daily fro-yo visits. Ok-just kidding about the last one- frozen treats are definitely the best part of summer.
I bought these popsicle molds last summer and this is only my second time whipping them out. They are so fun and make frozen treats at home easy as can be. I have been obsessed with Mango Lassi for as long as I’ve been eating Indian food, and when I opened my fridge looking for inspiration and saw the ingredients waiting for me- I knew it was worth a try.
Mango Lassi, my favorite way to wash down Indian take-out, is made from mango, sugar, yogurt, and milk. I combined all of the above (minus the sugar because my mango was super sweet,) in a food processor- made it as smooth as can be, and swirled it into my popsicle molds with some mango-less yogurt/milk mixture for a pretty affect. These pops are super refreshing and light, and a fun treat for the last few weeks of summer. (Dare I say I’m SO excited for fall?)
Get ready to see these popsicle molds make at least one more appearance before the warm days are past us!
- 2 cups of cubed mango, fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt, the higher fat the better, plain yogurt is also Ok but you may want to add sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon of milk
- In a blender or food processor, combine the mango, 1 cup of yogurt, and 1/4 cup of milk. Process until smooth.
- In a small bowl stir together the remaining yogurt and milk.
- Fill popsicle molds about half full of the mango mixture, add a dollop of the yogurt, and then finish with more mango. (Never fill popsicle molds all the way as they expand during freezing.)
- Swirl each popsicle mold together with a long skewer or knife, add popsicle sticks, and freeze overnight or until firm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g