It’s Cheesecake Day you guys!!! Now I’m not sure if that is an actual holiday, or something my my food blogger friends made up so that we’d all make cheesecakes and post them the same day, but either way it’s happening.
It didn’t take much arm-pulling to convince me to bake something cheesecake-y delicious today- or in this case- well NOT bake anything at all. Yup- this is a no-bake cheesecake. So creamy, so lush, and no turning on the oven required! As much as I love me some baked goods even if my apartment gets toasty, it sure is nice to not have to mess with it once in awhile.
This cheesecake is paired with my all-time favorite Salted Caramel Sauce which makes it even more sensational. Creamy silky cheesecake, gooey salty caramel sauce, and a crumbly graham cracker crust- what else is there!?
This recipe couldn’t be easier, (well you do have to make the caramel sauce, but if you use store-bought instead I won’t tell,) and it really looks so fancy and impressive when all is said and done. Fancy dessert that’s easier than it looks- my kind of recipe you guys!
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
For the Filling:
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened.
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Salted Caramel Sauce
- Flakey Sea Salt for sprinkling
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter together in a medium sized bowl and mix.
- Press into the bottom and sides of a 6 or 7 inch spring form pan. Chill until ready to use.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer half the filling into the prepared crust, using an off-set spatula to slightly smooth the top. Spread 1/4 cup of the caramel sauce onto the filling. Dollop the rest of the filling on top and smooth with the spatula. Spoon the rest of the caramel sauce over the top of the cheesecake.
- Use a skewer or the back of a knife to swirl the caramel into the filling. Sprinkle with flakey sea salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for several hours or overnight.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g