I’m not a fair weather Green Bay Packers fan, but I have to admit I’m a fair weather football fan. Unlike my husband, who will happily watch any game any time, if it’s not Packers I’m generally indifferent. SO- since our season ended mid play-offs, I’m way more into the food involved this Superbowl Sunday than the actual game, (though I think I’m rooting for the Broncos?)
If you need something for your game day menu that is incredibly easy and so so good, this Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken is just the thing. I make it at least twice a month and we all love it. You throw everything into the crock pot (including frozen chicken if that’s what you have,) and check back a few hours later to the most tender, melt in your mouth chicken ever. We love it on a soft roll with cole slaw and pickles, but it’s great just on it’s own too! I highly recommend whipping this up for Superbowl Sunday. Who doesn’t love easy AND delicious???
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, fresh or frozen
- 1 12 oz bottle of BBQ Sauce (I recommend getting something really good like Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 1 pack of ranch dressing mix*
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a small bowl whisk together the BBQ sauce, ranch mix, sauce, and brown sugar.
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker and top with the sauce, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low, or until chicken is cooked and tender.
- Use two forks to gently shred the chicken (if it's cooked enough it will be effortless,)
- Serve on it's own or on a roll with coleslaw and pickles!
*I am a sucker for the Hidden Valley Ranch packets so I often have them, but you can totally skip this and just add some spices instead. I think garlic, salt, pepper, dried onion or parsley, a bit of cayenne and really any others you like would be great in this!
Recipe adapted from All Recipes