We’re getting awful close to the big day you guys. You know- my wedding- which is 2 weeks from tomorrow!? I am getting so excited and I finally feel like I have everything under control, so I can actually enjoy myself that week! After 4 hours at the bridal salon yesterday, I finally think everything is going to work out. :)
Since I will be away from my NYC kitchen for 3 whole weeks, (one for the wedding and 2 for our honeymoon in Costa Rica,) I am spending as much time as I can these next two weeks baking up a few things to share when I’m gone. Man oh man is it hard to have 2-3 desserts in the house while also trying to stay slim for the wedding. That’s why the teeny size of these cookies is perfect. You can have a whole one without having too much!
When I first saw these adorable peanut butter cookies here, I knew I had to make them. What’s better than a soft, portion appropriate cookie? Well- one that’s full of peanut butter, mini Reeses cups, and chocolate chips. Yeah- that is a lot of deliciousness for a teeny little cookies. The cookie portion of these resembles the taste and texture of peanut butter blossoms- my favorite holiday cookie!
The mix-in possibilities for these are endless, but I went with mini peanut butter cups and mini chocolate chips. I thought this was perfect for these bite sized treats, giving every bite the perfect amount of peanut butter and chocolate. I also think mini M&Ms would be delicious and adorable in these. Any other suggestions? I will be making these again without a doubt.
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini peanut butter cups, OR fun size or regular size peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars in a large bowl. When light and fluffy, mix in the peanut butter until well combined, and then the egg and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in the salt, baking soda and flour. until just combined. Fold in the peanut butter cups, and chocolate chips. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a spoon or cookie scoop, portion the dough and roll them into 1 inch balls. (If you don't roll them smooth, the tops with be weird and crinkly.) Bake for 8-9 minutes. Don't overbake. Cookies may not seem done, but they will firm up as they cool!
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction