I recently heard the most bittersweet headline. It went something like “30 activities for the last 30 days of summer!” Already? How does summer just whiz by? Now I always admit that I’m a Fall girl through and through, but this summer has been pretty great. We’ve only had a handful of awful “too-hot to-do-anything” days here in New York, and playground and sprinklers with Hugo have been a blast. We’ve also managed to squeeze in our fair share of happy hour patio cocktails which in NYC are just the best. A little people watching, a little warm breeze, and all in all summer perfection.
We’re lucky enough to have our own little backyard space here in the city and while it was under construction for what seemed like the entire summer, it’s now clear and ready for our daily use. We’ve been going out there for everything- our coffee in the morning while Hugo runs around, grilling in the evening while Hugo runs around, cocktails in the afternoon while…you guessed it. He’s worn out- we have a refreshing summery cocktail to sip and everyone is happy.
I really adore this combo, fresh peach puree, vanilla bean syrup and sparkling wine to top it all off is so refreshing and delicious. A twist on a regular bellini, the vanilla flavor is strong and adds such a perfect touch. I made a traditional simple syrup but added Nielsen Massey Vanilla Bean Paste to add the strong vanilla flavor. (A split vanilla bean would also work well!) These are so easy to make ahead and prep for your next brunch or cocktail hour. I even think making a whole batch in a pitcher would be fab. So- you heard it here folks- Summer is almost over. Enjoy peach season (and patio season,) in style with a fizzy drink in tow!
- 1 peach, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp of Nielsen Massey Vanilla Bean Paste, or 1/2 of a Vanilla Bean
- sparking wine/prosecco/champagne of your choice
- Start by making vanilla syrup:
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and stir over mediu-low heat until dissolved. Add the vanilla bean paste, or the vanilla bean, split with all the seeds scraped out. (You can leave the pod in for extra flavor)
- Stir well and transfer to a small glass jar to cool.
- For the peach pureé:
- Use a food processor or immersion blender to process the peach chunks until smooth. Chill until ready to use.
- In each glass add 2 tablespoons of peach pureé and 1 teaspoon of vanilla syrup (you will have extra, but its great to have in the fridge for cocktail making or coffee flavoring!) top off with your sparking wine and serve right away.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g